- Acquisition matters, including the negotiation and drafting of developer
and development agreements, contracts for purchase and sale, option agreements for property, including work in
conjunction with land planners, architects and engineers, and building construction contractors.
- Negotiations and agreements with local governments pertaining to real estate
development, rezoning and variances, including code enforcement issues.
- Commercial & Residential Title insurance.
- Representation of institutional and private lenders and private
and corporate borrowers.
- Negotiation of loan workout agreements, short sales, deed in lieu
of foreclosure and forbearance agreements.
- Foreclosure litigation for lenders and defense for borrowers.
- Drafting of loan agreements, construction loan agreements, mortgages and
promissory notes for commercial and residential loans, usually on behalf of
institutional and private lenders.
- Tax Certificates and Tax Deeds and quiet title actions to obtain marketable
title to real estate.
- Short Sale and Loan Loss Mitigation consultation and analysis
for lenders and investors.
- Corporate and Real Estate secured and unsecured loan documentations
- The drafting, negotiation and review of leases for tenants and landlords.
This includes commercial leases for restaurants, buildings, ground leases
for use of the land for very long terms, antenna and radio tower leases,
subleases and so forth.
- Drafting and negotiation and review of residential leases, including
single family houses or condominiums, sometimes incorporating
options to purchase.
- Representation of condominium associations and homeowner
associations, country clubs and property owner associations.
Business and Corporate Practice
- Formation and maintenance of Partnership and Corporate entities,
including corporations, limited liability partnerships, and limited
- Creation and negotiation regarding Private Placement Memorandums,
Confidentiality Agreements, Employment Agreements, Shareholder
Agreements, Operating Agreements, and related documentation.
- Business consultation including economic impact, marketability
and feasibility issues.
- Purchase and Sale of businesses, asset purchase and stock purchase
transactions, mergers and spin-offs.
- Trials regarding most areas of real estate law, for plaintiffs and defendants.
- Quiet Title actions to obtain marketable and insurable title.
- Partition actions to resolve disputing owners property rights.
- Easement and Rights of Way.
- Tenant evictions, and enforcement of tenant rights against landlords.
- Foreclosure of mortgages and enforcement of promissory notes.
- Appeals from trials in matters regarding real estate law and real estate matters.